Commitments Listing » Green Building Standards
Green Building Standards
Posted: Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Interests: Green Building
Our vision is for a campus where all facilities are built or rennovated to meet current green buildings standards and act as physical tools of education for both the campus and the broader community.
Specificially our goals are:
- 100% of all capital building projects and major renovations will utilize an integrated approach to building planning, design, construction and operations.
- 100% of all new buildings will be constructed and certified as LEED Gold facilities.
- 50% of all major renovation projects registered in the LEED EB (existing buildings) program.
- 100% of all building spaces are cleaned with green cleaning techniques and products by 2011.
- To maintain and maximize the utilization of our physical infrastructure.
All of our new buildings examplify the latest in energy effecient green building technology. We currently have two LEED Gold certified buildings, and three more awaiting LEED Gold certification, and another due to be complete in late 2010.
- Waste, Recycling and Composting
- The university promotes the five rules of waste management: Rethink ... Read More